A great weekend away for individuals, couples, groups of friends and families.
A fantastic opportunity to sail to Weymouth or France over a weekend depending on weather and tides. You will get the chance to build miles (120+ nautical miles), experience a 60 mile passage and practise your night sailing skills.
The emphasis is on having fun under the guidance of one of our experienced skippers, who will give you the opportunity to do as much or as little as you like. You can get involved in hoisting the sails and if you like even take the helm, or skipper for one a passage.
Our skipper who will meet you in Shamrock Quay marina at 17.00 on the day of departure and you will return at about 5pm on the day you return. You will receive a full safety brief and have everything you need to know explained to you.
Guests must be at least 12 to come on this and if they are 12 to 17 they must book with a parent or guardian. There is no upper age limit, but average physical ability is required. Life jackets are included.
Cost per person £395 including breakfast and lunch on board with soft drinks.
Why choose us?
- Yachts that are highly maintained to a very high standard and equipped to a high specification.
- Skippers picked for their knowledge, endless patience and sense of humour enabling them to deliver the best sailing experience in the UK.
- Plenty of scope to consolidate the lessons learnt on RYA sailing courses through distance cruises, discounted bareboat yacht charter or of course you can just come back for a refresher week or weekend sailing course in the Solent at any time.
- Yacht, gas and diesel
- Accommodation on-board
- Breakfast and lunch, Tea and coffee, soft drinks and snacks on-board,
- Loan of a life jacket
- Free Parking at Shamrock Quay Marina
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED?
- Evening Meals
- Waterproofs - available to hire if required.
- Mooring Fees
WHAT TO BRING
Space on a boat is always limited, so you should pack your clothes in a soft holdall that can be stowed away in a locker. Bags with wheels should be avoided, as these may damage the woodwork on boats. You will need:
- Sleeping bag
- Towel and washbag
- Warm clothing including thermals (remember that you will be outdoors most of the day. A range of sporty, layered clothing is best. Jeans are OK, but not ideal as they are hard to dry if they get wet)
- Sailing gloves
- A hat for cold weather
- Sun cream, sunglasses(with strap) and sunhat
- Non marking shoes (Trainers or deck shoes) or non-slip/non-marking waterproof sailing boots
- Waterproof clothing (unless you have asked us to provide it for you)
- RYA Logbook, if you have one.
- Health insurance documentation (if applicable)
We provide all safety equipment such as lifejackets and harnesses.